2017 AOK KINDRAISER
"DO SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE"
Each student is asked to do one act of kindness (AOK) each day for the month of May based on the words of Saint Teresa of Calcutta. We will also be doing school wide AOK's basked on these themes:
Week 1: Kind words
Week 2: Create ripples in the water
Week 3: Show kindness in our expressions to others
Week 4: Show love to all
We will be completing a service project with Catholic Charities and the Red Door to provide items for their May special lunch when the homeless are invited in to share a meal. Proceeds from the backpack purchases will benefit this project.
Heidi Potter from the Red Door will be visiting with the students to show them the great need for the homeless in Pittsburgh. Part of our Mission at OLG is to foster the spirit of service in the students that will continue on even after they have graduated. The Kindraiser brings awareness to this goal by spreading the word to family and friends through their sponsorship of your children.
Please follow the instructions below and send e-mails to friends and family beginning today. They can make a flat donation to the school or pledge an amount per AOK.
This is a fundraiser with a purpose! Instead of running laps, we are feeding the hungry and helping those in need!
"TOGETHER WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS"
- For our annual AOK Kindraiser this year, we are using an awesome web based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. Friends and family can also pledge online and send in checks or cash if they prefer.
- click on the following link https://pledgestar.com/ourladyofgrace/ and then follow the instructions to register.
- When you finish, the system will email pledge requests to your family and friends, and allows them to make secure credit card donations online or make a pledge and then send a check or cash. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. Pledges will be divided equally among children in the same family. Call 1-888-898-7510 if you need help.
- Each family is asked to send to at least 10 friends and family.
- Students will receive a log sheet each week with a quote from Saint Teresa of Calcutta. They should color it, log their daily AOK's and then turn it in at the end of each week. These will decorate the hallways to show the many AOK's.
Week 1: Turn in your log sheet
Week 2: Turn in your log sheet and send pledge requests to 10 friends
Week 3: Turn in your log sheet and receive at least $50 in donations
Students will receive trips to the treasure chest which will include fun prizes and on week three No Uniform and Homework passes will be added to the treasure chest!
Our Goal is to preform thousands of Acts of Kindness and raise $15,000 for OLG School's Annual Fund!
All students in preschool - eighth grade will be given a t-shirt and will participate in a celebration of our AOK's on May 26th. We will have music, treats, and special activities. All parents and siblings are invited to attend.