Our Lady of Grace Catholic School recognizes that proper school attire and good grooming are conducive to a student’s education and social development. A Uniform Dress Code is developed to:
• Promote a Christian atmosphere.
• Free children for academic concentration.
• De-emphasize competition among children regarding clothing.
• Allow more economical dress for school.
• Provide some choice to accommodate individual differences.
BOYS & GIRLS UNIFORMS FOR KINDERGARTEN - 8TH GRADE
Pants – Docker style or elastic-waist dress pants in either navy or khaki. No over sized pants (legs and length), capris, or cargo pants. Pants are to be worn with waistband around the waist.
Belts – Solid navy, white, black, or brown belts may be worn with all pants and shorts.
Shirts – White or navy polo shirts; long or short sleeved OLG approved banded-bottom polos. No insignias except OLG approved apparel.
Socks – Solid navy, white, or tan socks; no insignias. Socks must be worn at all times.
Sweaters, Sweatshirts & Fleece – Plain, navy blue cardigan or crew neck only. No insignias except OLG approved apparel.
Shoes – Tennis shoes or dress shoes only; shoes must have a solid sole. No sandals, boots, fur lining, heels of any kind, flip-flops, or opened-back shoes.
ADDITIONS FOR GIRLS
Skorts – Navy or khaki (appropriate length). No skirts, jumpers or dresses will be permitted.
BOYS & GIRLS SUMMER UNIFORMS
Shorts - Navy or khaki walking shorts (length to knee), may be worn the first day of school to October 31 and from April 1 to the last day of school.
DRESS DOWN/UP DAYS
● On non-uniform days, students should be neat and well-groomed. Unless otherwise specified, all dress down days are Spiritwear dress down days. Dress should be appropriate and modest. Any shorts, skirts, or dresses on dress down/up days must also be knee-length.
● Students should be neat and well-groomed and their dress should reflect our Catholic School values.
● Hair length or style should not interfere with the educational process of the student or others.
● All undershirts and camis are to be solid white and should be tucked into pants or skirts.
Violations of this dress code policy will be addressed by a phone call. Excessive violations will become a discipline issue.
Uniforms can be purchased at:
2101 Greentree Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15220